A715-51G-760R Couldn't install driver from acer drivers downloads page

asdffdsas
asdffdsas Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire Laptops

Hi,

I have a A715-51G-760R Aspire 7 with an 12th generation i7 1260P.

After buying it, I did a clean install of Mint 21, then of Ubuntu 22.10. Then I formatted the drive to NTFS.

I reset the BIOS so Secure Boot and Fast Boot are enabled, also the VMD Controller (see pictures, did ctrl+s on all tabs to see extra options, it's v5.0).

Now I'm trying to install Windows 11 Home again but the NVMe SSD is not recognized.

To fix this I tried various drivers following the steps in this manual, of which all drivers, except the latter, gave me "No new devices drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK.". The Acer provided driver gives me an error because the driver couldn't be installed.

Drivers I tried:

• Intel RST driver for 10 and 11 gen so this shouldn't work and it doesn't. Not the VMD and not the non-VMD option.
  • Intel RST driver for 11-13 gen tried all folders
  • Acer RST driver found via SNID number on Acer drivers page. Tried all drivers (3 but Intel RST VMD Controller 467F seems to be the one I need). This throws an error with "We couldn't install the [driver name + location] device driver . Contact your vendor for an updated driver.". I contacted my vendor and they want 50 euro for fixing it.

I also read something about RST vs AHCI but there is no option for that in this BIOS.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive information and to add issue detail]

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,054 Pathfinder

@asdffdsas you can just disable the VMD controller. It will work the same way as switching to AHCI.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • asdffdsas
    asdffdsas Member Posts: 3 New User

@AnhEZ28 Thanks for your quick answer but the solution for me ended up being that I had to generate a bootable USB with Rufus on a windows computer and I had to get the driver from the acer downloads page.

• Ramsundar
    Ramsundar Member Posts: 1 New User

Can you provide the download link i am also experience the same issue