Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53-77CF - Motherboard burn

Options
Desolax
Desolax Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Predator Laptops

Hello everyone,

I am from Malaysia and I own this laptop with the model PH315-53-77CF. I got some online tips that will lower the System temperature in the PredatorSense app by putting an external copper heatsink on top of the PCH chipset. I always use electrical tape to attach the copper heatsink to the chipset but recently I tried to apply some paste to it and then attach the copper heatsink. Unfortunately, it did not stay put properly and I decided to open it up again after a month to remove it. When I tried to remove it, there was an electric shock between my hand and the heatsink which I believe is the main reason for this particular capacitor? to burn.

My laptop is not having a problem despite this part of the board being burned. Not even a performance drop that I noticed as this occurs. My question is should I be worried about this and if it is a concern, should I refer to Acer customer support for a solution to this? I'm very afraid that this burn will shorten the lifespan of the laptop

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,212 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    Options

I suggest to contact Acer customer support. It is risky to use your machine and we do not know what kind of effects the failure of the component will have.