MS-7869 Ver 1.0 motherboard windows 10 compatibility

Hi Acer Community

Did the MS-7869 Ver 1.0 have compatibility issue with windows 10. its original windows is windows 8.

i have blue screen loop at "choose your keyboard layout" . i have try to mount the HDD on other PC it is OK but try to fix it on the acer mobo the error came back.

even after i reinstall the windows 10 again.

thank you in advance.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer

The MS-7869 Ver 1.0 is used on the Aspire TC-605 desktop that was released with Win-8 na dWin-10. Also, what type of HDD are you using, is it an old 3.5" mechanical HDD or a 2.5" SSD drive or what? As and if the HDD is working 100% then it could be the mobos bios version that needs upgrading as the TC-605 that this mobo is used with has allot of updates (but be very careful when updating bios as you could brick your mobo if you do it wrong) this mobo is compatible with Win-10 if it works in Win-8, also your HDD should work 100% as if its a SATA-3 6GB/s type 3.5" or 2.5" SSD type HDDs.

Upgrade the bios and make sure that the HDD that Win-10 is on has no errors and is installed correctly. What I would do first i to reinstall Win-10 correctly with a complete format of this HDD

Aspire TC-605 Motherboard