Why is my Acer Chromebook Listed in My Google Account as Signed in and Active Before Purchasing it?

Options
sugarbush
sugarbush Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in Chromebooks

In addition to my being signed in to my Chromebook with my Google account, under Security and Your devices (signed in with), it shows that my Acer Chromebook R11 (C738T) is signed in, it was first done so in early September 2021, which is one whole year before I purchased it new this past September 2022, and that the last activity was over two months before then, as well, at the end of this past June. The sign-in location is the same as for my Google account sign-in, but the dates and why my type of Chromebook is also signed in are mysterious. Since I didn't recognize the activity, I signed out the device (leaving the main Google account signed in) but *I am now wondering if I shouldn't have and perhaps have now lost some functionality of the device. If not, I'll just leave it signed out, but if I was supposed to keep it signed in, could someone please explain how I can do so again? Hopefully I don't have to do a factory reset. But, then, being a Chromebook, that should be simple and not require any major time setting it back up.

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers