New Triton 500 se 3060 batteries only lasts ~2 hrs

Options
XxDead
XxDead Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Predator Laptops

Hello, I recently purchased a Triton 500 se 3060 from Best Buy after doing some research on it. I’ve set it up and made it my own but I recently noticed that the battery says it’s only going to last 2 hours from 100%. I saw that others were getting ~5 or so doing only light browsing and videos so I’m confused with what’s up with mine. I tried a solution from another post about draining and charging the battery a few times to recalibrate it but that didn’t seem to do anything. If anyone can help, it’ll be very appreciated. Thanks!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

Sounds pretty normal if you haven't yet reduced screen brightness to 50% level or uninstalled --- not just disabled --- any 3rd party non- M crosof t scanners. Most folks don't need these scanners any more as Windows Defender and Malicious Software Removal Tool are quite adequate and are updated regularly by Mic roso ft.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    Options

Set the power settings "On Battery" to "Best power efficiency" as that is the most economical settings while your laptop is on battery power and you will find that your battery will last longer, also reduce screen brightness as that will help also. Remember that the Triton 500 is a high end gaming laptop and you can't get performance without power, so the laptop needs to utilize the battery for best performance.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

Sounds pretty normal if you haven't yet reduced screen brightness to 50% level or uninstalled --- not just disabled --- any 3rd party non- M crosof t scanners. Most folks don't need these scanners any more as Windows Defender and Malicious Software Removal Tool are quite adequate and are updated regularly by Mic roso ft.

Jack E/NJ

• XxDead
    XxDead Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks so much!!