Brand New Acer Swift X Crashing multiple times I am not sure hardware issue or not

ziojun
ziojun Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

Hello!

I hope that this is not an issue that is really easy to solve or something but I am not so well-versed with technology and am in need of some assistance. I have bought a new Acer Swift X recently and I have already been experiencing some issues. The laptop has crashed multiple times, and there have been many times where the screen will lock and unable to be unlocked via PIN or fingerprint. I am not sure if this is a hardware issue or not, and I'm worrying about if I should ask for a replacement or not.

The diagnostics on Windows 11 says there is no issue so I'm unsure how to diagnose the problem. Please help me out!

Thank you!

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    1. Open Control Panel. Search 'button'.
    2. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane.
    3. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable near top of next pane.
    4. Scroll down and uncheck box for fast startup. Save settings.
    5. Shut down Windows normally.
    6. Wait a minute or so, then turn machine back on.

Test if problems are resolved.

Jack E/NJ

• What is the exact Swift X model number that you have, is it the SFX14-41G or is it another model number, are you running the latest Win-11 version 22H2 OS build: 22621.819, as you need to update all the Windows Updates and all the AMD Ryzen 5 5500U drivers, and all the NVidia gpu drivers for your laptop to their latest? As that is very important for your laptop to perform at its peak performance.