Aspire A515-52-368R battery won't charge Haven't made any changes to software/hardware.

ncheranich
ncheranich Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in Aspire Laptops

Recently, my battery on my 4 year old Aspire A515-52 won't charge, although laptop works fine when plugged in. Orange indicator light on side is blinking. Have tried reset pin button on back to no effect. Haven't made any changes to software/hardware. Up to date on Windows updates.

What else can I try before buying a new battery, if that's what I have to do? Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon

Download hwinfo and have a look at the wear level of your battery at the left side of the smart battery menu.

• ncheranich

Tinkerer

I have updated most recent BIOS; upgraded to Windows 11. After running hwinfo, showing 14% wear level (see attached).

Still showing 0% battery charge.

• Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the lithium battery from the motherboard?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ncheranich

Tinkerer

I have not tried that. Do I just unscrew the fasteners in the back, find the battery, and then disconnect/reconnect? Easy-peasy, or is it rocket science?

• ncheranich

Tinkerer

Actually, the battery disconnect/reconnect was easy. Everything looked good inside. No luck however.

• Have you checked battery voltages with a voltmeter?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ncheranich

Tinkerer

No. I have not checked with a voltmeter. Wouldn't know how. I probably will buy a new battery from Amazon (I could not find any on Acer's accessories page).

• ncheranich

Tinkerer

FYI, I replaced the battery with one I bought on Amazon. Seems to have rectified the problem. Everything's back to normal.

Odd that the battery died; I only had the laptop 4 years of moderate to low usage.

• The battery wears out over time, even if the user does not use it.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer