What is the stylus pen part number for a Spin 3 - SP314-55-34UR?

Options
Talk2Me
Talk2Me Member Posts: 3 New User

I recently purchased the Spin 3 - SP314-55-34UR from Target. It has the built-in Acer Active Stylus docking port, but of course it did not come with the actually stylus pen.

I am seeing various stylus pens for other Acer Spin Series computers that could possibly work, but I want to make sure to get the one that will actually fit in the port on the computer I purchased. The Acer web site and support have not been helpful, and the online Acer store does not have any stylus pens at all.

Can anyone assist with this information so that I purchase the correct pen the first time as well as where to purchase it as well as an online where I could possibly locate it?

Thank you in advance for any information regarding this.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Options

Wacom AES 1.0 Acer part no. NC.23811.07A. Also compatible with other models.

Jack E/NJ

• Talk2Me
    Talk2Me Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thank you.

Would you happen to know where this can be purchased? The Acer store does not have any stylus pens.

Some I see also have different part numbers. Are those compatible?

• JackE
    Options

Simply google search the part no. NC.23811.07A for other vendors who ship to your location. You don't have to buy it from the Acer store. Only an Acer vendor who sells Acer parts. They are widely available from Acer parts vendors in many countries.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

The SP314-55 doesn't support an active stylus, the SP314-55N models are the ones that do.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options

>>>The SP314-55 doesn't support an active stylus>>>

Au contraire. The sp314-55-34ur does in fact support the NC.23811.07A stylus.

Jack E/NJ

• MK79
    MK79 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I called tech support and they gave a slightly different part no. NC.23811.0A0 which seems to only be in stock in the EU. Also how do you remove the dummy cover without disassembly? Did anyone physically confirm this works and charges in the port of the SP314-55 (NOT -55N)? Would appreciate confirmation before ordering and paying shipping from EU. Thanks!

• JackE
    Options

Sorry, we're only Acer users here trying to help other users like you, not Acer customer or tech service reps who can confirm with 100% certainty.. Accordingly, you should order from a vendor with a good returns policy just in case.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

As I stated earlier, your model doesn't support the stylus. The dummy cover doesn't have a stylus dock behind it. The N model does support the stylus and it has a stylus installed instead of the dummy cover. What Jack posted is obviously a typo, copied from the N model.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options

Not obvious. Too many other sites including 34ur reviews are reporting that the stylus part nos. NC.23811.07A or NC.23811.0A0 work. If so, the only potential issue I can see is if their rechargeable battery can be re-charged in one model but not the other. I think the only way to confirm one way or another is to purchase one from a vendor who has a good returns policy if it doesn't work out.

Jack E/NJ