Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-51 & PredatorSense Compatibility With Windows 11

SorakaMyLove
SorakaMyLove Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in Windows 11

Hi folks,

I have an Acer Predator Triton 500 (PT515-51) laptop running Windows 11.

I am experiencing an issue in which I am trying to install PredatorSense, downloaded directly from my product's download page, but I get the following error message when trying to open the Setup.exe file:

Can someone PLEASE advise me on a fix for this? With an i7-9750H that runs hot even when properly undervolted, the ability to control the fans was the biggest draw to the PredatorSense software for me.

Acer Chat Support (paid, out of warranty) has been of no help, and I cannot seem to find a solution after scouring through the community.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Cheers,

SorakaMyLove

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• Try the PS version that is specifically for Win-11 Predator Triton 500 SE PT516-52 Version: 3.00.3186_20220111 as the PS that you installed onto your PT515-51 is a Win-10 compatible PS and that is why you are getting that error message. Try to also see if your cpu/gpu fans are functioning 100% and are not faulty, repaste the cpu/gpu and make sure that your laptop vents are clean also. Use either Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme paste or their ultra-high performance Conductonaut liquid metal thermal compound but and with this paste, make sure that you apply this paste to their instructions and DO NOT apply too much paste so that the paste overflows onto the sides of the cpu/gpu or onto any mobo circuitries, as liquid metal compond paste is conductive and will damage your mobo beyond repair.

• SorakaMyLove
    SorakaMyLove Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

@StevenGen - I just tried the version you linked and it said that my computer is not supported. Sad day.

I'll do the re-paste for now, but I suppose I'll just have to look into upgrading eventually.

Thanks for the reply!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

Yes, Acer hasn't released a W11 version yet for your system. I'd roll back to W10 until they get that ready.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.