Acer XC-885-UR11 USB3 won't wake up automatically after sleep or reboot

Pat_XC885
Pat_XC885 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hi folks,

Any tips on how to make the USB3 ports recognize my external drive after computer comes back from sleep or reboot?

This drive is working perfectly and never had a problem with my Win XP machine although the USB3 is a plug in card as opposed to built in the motherboard.

Now, with my ACER and Windows 10, the ports seem inactive unless the drive is re-plugged.

It's a mini SATA 2.5" cable powered drive so no other buttons or power source from it except the PC. The drive will light up when it's active. But everytime after power up, the lights are off.

Device manager doesn't see any issues with my USB3 ports. No updated driver available. I tried to uninstall, reinstall and it still won't wake up. Only a re-plug wakes it up.

The problem seems to be similar to this one posted on MS site. Is this a Windows 10 thing? I don't see how I can change BIOS settings to change this behavior.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-30-ports-stops-working-after-pc-come-out-from/fa8dedaa-49ce-402e-bde6-b9ede4488548

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer

>>>ever had a problem with my Win XP machine>>>It's a mini SATA 2.5" cable powered drive>>>

Is the behavior the same using one of the black-colored ports on the back panel?

Jack E/NJ