Nitro 5 laptop battery percentage drains while connected while gaming even when plugged in

BarryNitro5
BarryNitro5 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Hi, my 2 years old Nitro 5 laptop suddenly looses battery percentage while gaming even when plugged in. This only started happening in November. I swapped my wife’s acer laptop charger to mine and it stays charged. But when I use my nitro power charger on my laptop, not charging and battery drains when gaming and on power charger, I believe Acer has a defective power charger/ battery on nitro laptops since my friend has a new Nitro 1 month old and same issue. Acer please look into this immediately since there is a lot of chatter on this.

thanks

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• What is the exsact Nitro model that you have, and and if your wifes charger works and charges your Nitro's battery then its your charger which is very unusual for it to be faulty but it happens. Change the charger as there is nothing wrong with your battery or laptop.

• BarryNitro5
    BarryNitro5 Member Posts: 2 New User

HI, My model is Acer Nitro AN515-54-55YM.

What's funny is when i plug my wife's charger ( Acer Aspire E 17) into my Laptop- it's charging fine. When i put my Nitro Charger into her laptop- it's works and she doesn't loose any power. I switch back and put my power charger plugged back into my Nitro laptop- it will work fine until i start playing games such as COD, that's when i noticed that the battery charge starts draining and the power plug charging light starts to go ORANGE instead of Blue.

Another funny thing, when using the nitro power charger in the Nitro laptop, just surfing the internet- it's fine and charge remains steady.

Sometimes this will work and sometimes it doesn't. I've seen in the chats here, they said to go to Device Manager>Batteres> and uninstall both Microsoft AC Adaptor and Microsoft ACPI- Compliant Method Battery- this doesn't work!!!!!

I'm sure it's not the charger cus plugging it into my wife's Acer Aspire E 17 works fine and and not my battery cus the charge remains steady when fully charged up.

So it's something within, maybe a windows update that cause this disturbance because this started happening in November 2022 and before everything was working fine and no battery drain. Mind you, my buddy just bought the same kind of laptop Nitro 5 but newer 2022 model and he's experiencing the same kind of issue that i am having. Furthermore, based on all the chats in this Community-there is something seriously wrong with either the Acer Nitro laptops or the charger which is not giving enough juice when people are playing games- it just drains all the power and shuts down, even when we are fully plugged in and charging. From 100% to 20% in less than 30 mins- Someone in Acer support should look into this matter and test your laptops when in gaming- you will notice the drain and suddenly the charging light goes from Blue to Orange to shutdown by itself.

This is a 2 years old laptop and sudden power drain is not good even for my buddy who's laptop is 1 month old and experiencing the same kind of power problem as me. Acer support- please test and look into this matter, since there is a lot of unhappy campers out there having the same issue as me.