New laptop overheat and thermal ***** "aspire a515-56g"

Options
Odinkk
Odinkk Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

The task manager, and u can se the GPU temp is 62 C with 0 loade.

As u can se this is not working corektly. i have not change anny settings, the fan is not cloged, the termal paste is new and i'm not running anny hevy duty programes. So do anny know whats going on?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi,

It's normal for the powerful CPU to reach high temperatures, it's only peaking to 94°C for a short period of time, so no need to be concerned, in my opinion, you can see the average temperatures in HWINFO64 and it looks normal(the last column) and also the CPU can withstand temperatures up to 100°C.

Look at my temperatures in the picture below, very similar.

Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 Processor

• Odinkk

Tinkerer

edited November 2022
    Options

Well yeah because of thermal throttling, and the average temperature is mostly from standby mode. When i try games like league of legends i get fps drop from 144 to 30 making it extremely frustrating. With medium setting

• Odinkk

Tinkerer

Options

And is it normal for the CPU to boost up to 6.35 GHz? Like in my case

• Odinkk

Tinkerer

Options

It starts trotteling after 5 minutes in game when the temperature reach 80C and the clock go down to 1.2 GHz for short periods making the game unplayable 😭

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    edited November 2022
    Options

I have no idea why the CPU goes up to 6.35GHz at all, could you please tell us in whch Power plan you are on, have you tried different Power options? If not, try switching to Balanced plan, it will slow down CPU and may reduce the fps but then again your model is not a gaming laptop, it's a everyday laptop, so it may not have designed to play haevy games.

• Odinkk

Tinkerer

Options

i have used the acer power plan and the balanced one.. but i see that max watt is 64W almost s2x max power usage. Also i got a "store laptop". my older laptp (acer aspire 5 from 2016 with a i5, do better than the new one.