Acer predator orion 3000. The simpler looking model. Why can’t you change the colour of the icon?

Thisissodumb
Thisissodumb Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in Predator Desktops

Whose idea was this? You can change the colour of the fans and literally everything else except this icon? For what? If I want to make my whole setup red or purple it’s going to be completely ruined because you can’t change the colour of this. Who designed this? I’m genuinely flabbergasted please tell me you can change it somehow because on the Predator Sense app you can not.

Best Answer

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,464 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You can't change it, as the blue is the colour of what Acer designates for their Preator laptops/desktops. If you want to change this colour then change the LED bulb but and surely this is not such a disastrous problem as LED Christmas lights are just a gimic and do nothing to the performance of any PC😁

• Thisissodumb
    Thisissodumb Member Posts: 2 New User

It’s just so dumb. What did they think they were doing with that? Genuinely for what? Does keeping the icon blue increase sales or make customers like it more? Imagine having a very specific style of decor in your home and being a very aesthetic person and this blue bat airplane just sticks out like a bull in a china shop. I’ll just cover it with some tape or something but this still pisses me off more than it should. Like really? Please have a woman on the team next time Jesus Christ.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,453 Trailblazer

Depending on how good you are with the needed tools you can likely swap the blue LED out for a red or purple. The color is hardware dependent. Though thinking about it they might have just used a blue panel and white LED, in that case replacing the blue with your preferred color or adding a layer of red to give purple would be possible.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.