Flickering screen on laptop in Swift SF 514-51 What would you suggest that I do?

Options
Anna_Swe
Anna_Swe Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi!

I bought my Swift 5 laptop in summer 2017. Since about a month ago, the screen has started to flicker when I move the lid/screen in any position forward or backward. I need to find a special position vertically for the screen before it stabilizes and displays normally. Otherwise, it will continue to flicker or get totally black.

What could be the problem?

What would you suggest that I do?

I have tested with an external screen (with HDMI cable) and it works normally, without any problem.

So, it seems to be the laptop screen, or the connection with the motherboard or some other internal part of the laptop.

The screen has not be exposed to any damage or physical impact. I has only be stationary on my work desk. And suddenly it began to flicker.

The model is "Ultra thin, 14.58 mm/0.57inch; IPS; Ultrafast wireless". Produced: March 2017.

On the backside of the laptop is reads: SF514-51-556G. Model: Swift SF 514-51 Series. Model number: N16C4.

Thanks a lot!

Anna

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hi! I suggest you check the edp cable:

Se

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

The eDP cable part number is: 50.GLCN2.001. Try searching on that to source one.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.