Status LED light on Acer Predator XB323UGP - Can be turned off?

Skart
Skart Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello Everyone,

I am using XB323UGP  and am EXTREMELY satisfied with it. Though it has one small problem. The blue status LED in the bottom right corner seems to be so strong, that it somehow influences even the picture of my monitor. The bottom right corner of my screen is simply blue. Its very visible on white bacground. Is it possible to turn off the status LED somehow? Its quite difficult to take photo of it, did my best though...

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

Cover it with tape.

Jack E/NJ

• Skart

Thanks for nice suggestion :))) But since i presume my problem is that the LED light goes internaly trough the monitor chassis, i guess it will not help much :)))

• JackE

Not worth the risk of pulling the screen bezel off. Try slipping a stiff sheet of paper between the screen and its bezel down toward the LED to try to reduce light reaching the screen.

Jack E/NJ

• Skart

Thanks for suggestion, was actualy a clever idea, but didnt help at all :( I think the light goes trough the right side of the chassis. What makes me sure its the LEd light is that if i move my head to the problematic area (bottom right corner of the screen) and i look directly upfront, i see no blue light. Its visible only from the angle, which basicaly means all of the time because you sitting in the middle of the monitor. It starts to annoy me more and more but not sure if i want to go for RMA :(((

• I would try to get used to the problem. Now, if you still want to try to fix it, at the risk of losing the warranty, here are some images on how to disassemble the monitor:

My advice is to contact tech support!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE

>>>It starts to annoy me more and more but not sure if i want to go for RMA>>>

An RMA would probably only be useful for an exchange to another model that doesn't have the apparent design oversight.

>>>Its visible only from the angle,>>>

So does this mean the light from LED is more or less reflected off the LCD screen at an angle but not 90* head on?

Jack E/NJ