Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-54 Performance Issues / Low FPS how I can improve my FPS?

Kavester
Kavester Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Predator Laptops

Hi everyone, I'm the somewhat proud owner of an Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-54; I7-11800H, RTX 3070, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD. (If more specs are need ask away).

My laptop currently uses, most the time ~96% of GPU with upwards of only 40% CPU - for example, in Warzone 2.0, I get 60fps if I'm lucky at the lowest graphic settings with many FPS drops, stutters, and crashes- but only utilising 30% of GPU and 4% CPU. I'm comparing this to my friends laptop, which has an RTX 3060, 16GB DDR4 and a Ryzen 9 5900hx - he achieves 100FPS+ on High/Ultra without my issues. I was wondering if this major performance difference was due to the different CPUs and if not- how I can improve my FPS.

I have tried most tips and tricks you see online- configured my GeForce Experience and control panel dozens of times- updated all the latest drivers and what not. My temps, I suspect, could be throttling my laptop, my GPU reaches a high of 70C and CPU mid 80s C.

If anyone has any confirmations, suggestions, queries- please ask away. Laptop listing is below.

[Edited the thread to add the title and issue detail] 

Answers