Acer chromebook 713 power button turns blue then orange and is not charging any suggestions?

mallikii
mallikii Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2022 in Aspire Laptops

my grandson acer chromebook 713 power button turns blue then orange an is not charging I tried some the acer suggestion to fix this problem, any other suggestions?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,848 Trailblazer
    edited November 2022

What is the exact model of the Chromebook 713 laptop, should be something like CP713-3W or CP713-2W also tell us exactly what you have done to this laptop so far to try and fix it?

The orange light signifies that the battery is not fully charged and its charging the laptop, check your adaptor/charger if its outputting any voltage, also check the USB-C port if its not damage and if its connecting and is in good order, check the battery if its got any charge and if its charging as all this will show you the main sources of power for your laptop and if any of these aspects of your laptop don't work and/or charge the battery then you have a problem and either the battery, charger or DC port need replacing.

Otherwise, and if all the above is working 100% then its an internal circuitry issue of the laptops power charging stages, that needs analyzing by an experienced tech and fixing, as a user like you does not have the tools and or knowledge to fix these sorts of problems.

• mallikii
    mallikii Member Posts: 4 New User

hello thank you for your response, i have unplugged the adaptor an switched the cord, an held the power button to the on position for 60 seconds an still the light stays orange. the laptop is a chromebook spin cp 713-2w series model # n19q5 dc rating 15v 3.0a