Graphics driver issues due to Acer Swift 3 SF313-52-765F Windows 11 incompatibility

Options
graphicsdriverswhy
graphicsdriverswhy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2022 in Windows 11

My laptop (Acer Swift 3 Model No. SF313-52-765F) recently updated to Windows 11, but unfortunately this update does not appear to be compatible as stated on the support page "if your product model is not listed in the table below, Acer has not tested the device and the drivers have not been updated for that model". This annoyingly means I have had to remove the graphics drivers currently installed otherwise the device is virtually unusable. Of course this is not ideal as it is still running quite poorly, but at least not crashing every 5 seconds. Will I have to wait for updated graphics drivers to be released to resolve this, or is there a temporary fix that means my laptop can function for the time being? Any advice would be much appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options

@graphicsdriverswhy

My suggestion it to go back to windows 10 till the drivers are released for windows 11.

Alternatively you can run windows update and check.

If it is a software issue try the following the steps..

Try windows x 

go to device manager 

expand display adapter

right click on display driver - uninstall 

Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 

Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 

Don’t restart the computer. 

Go to support.acer.com 

chose your country 

type snid or chose your model 

go to drivers 

Install the display driver 

It should work fine.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

If reverting to W10 isn't an option, go ahead and let the Intel Driver & Support Assistant install new drivers for you. They will give a warning about the ones from Acer being tweaked to better match your hardware, but allow it to proceed anyway. They get fixes rolled out to the generic drivers much faster...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.