Aspire VN7-571G I got BSOD after this BIOS can't found my m.2 Please help?

Majekaz
Majekaz Member Posts: 110 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Hi,

I got BSOD and after this, laptops BIOS can't found my m.2 anymore. So I got another one but still can't recognise a new one as well. Because windows was in m.2, I can access only BIOS. New m.2 is Kingston A400 and its definitely working because I tried on another pc.

Please can some one help to sort out this?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer

Shut machine off. Turn machine back on and IMMEDIATELY tap F2 key to enter BIOS menu again. Please post a phone photo of the BIOS INFORMATION page or tab.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
  • JackE

Sorry, the boot drive is missing. It's either not connected correctly, not getting power, or has failed. Try reseating the white HDD ribbon cable connectors at the back of the HDD and mainboard.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz

I know that hdd is missing. I tried couple of m.2 and both not been detected. One of the m.2 is brand new and its definitely working.

• JackE

What m.2 brand, model number, & capacity?

Is the old 2.5" HDD still available to boot from if needed?

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz

WD green 240gb and Kingston A400 240gb. Is a space for hdd but cable wasn't included, so only one option is m.2. I tried both m.2's many many times, but is just not detecting anymore. Its happened after blue screen of death.

• JackE

>>>Is a space for hdd but cable wasn't included, so only one option is m.2.>>>Its happened after blue screen of death.>>>

Perhaps you should reveal the circumstances that led up to this blue screen. Blue screen usually only happen when inside an operating system environment. And they usually are accompanied by an error message.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz

It was very quick and Im not catch up an error message. For now I can just use a bios

• JackE
    1. Where did you get the m.2 card?
    2. Was the m.2 card inside when you got blue screen?
    3. Does the m.2 card have an operating system pre-installed on it? Like Windows? Or Linux?

If card doesn't have an operating system like Windows or Linux, it won't be recognized as a bootable drive.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz
    edited November 2022
    1. Was inside laptop as I bought it brand new.
    2. Yes, because it was main memory
    3. Is windows 10 preinstalled
  • JackE

Does this mean that neither m.2 card shows up in the BIOS INFORMATION tab?

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz

Yes, that is my problem.

• JackE

>>>I got BSOD and after this, laptops BIOS can't found my m.2 anymore.>>>Does this mean that neither m.2 card shows up in the BIOS INFORMATION tab?>>>Yes, that is my problem.>>>

OK. With only the old m.2 SSD connected, enter the BIOS menu MAIN tab and enable both the F12 & D2D options. Then press F10 to save settings and exit menu. Then press and hold power button till laptop shuts off. Then insert a bootable Win10 USB installation stick. Turn the machine on and immediately tap the F12 key. What appears on the boot menu?

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz

Only usb stick come up in the boot menu

• JackE

OK. Try to boot from the USB stick. It will probably be slow to boot. Then try to bring up the troubleshooting or advanced section of the installation menu. We want to try to get to the command prompt to try to examine the old m.2 SSD.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz

I know how to get to the command prompt.

• JackE

OK. Good. At the X command prompt enter 'diskpart'. At the diskpart prompt enter 'list disk' Then enter 'list volume' Post screenshot of results if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• Majekaz

I tried this one and only usb stick appears.