• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

>>>>I had tried the drivers from Acer's website but they did no good. >>>

How long ago?

Jack E/NJ

• aclark302
    aclark302 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Should have been right before I started this thread. I tried finding the drivers again about a half hour ago and couldn't find them. I went to Support, then Downloads and Manuals, entered my model number, and it only showed me forum threads with that model number in them.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Yeah, you have to scroll down from the support entry line and enter a515-46 in the second Manuals & Drivers entry line. The new driver website is a bit messed up with unpredictable behavior especially if you try to go back and enter another model. Very clumsy on off buttons. Anyway here's the link to the updates to your model including the recent August MediaTek driver.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=Aspire%20A515-46&filter=global_download&suggest=a515-46;0

Jack E/NJ

• aclark302
    aclark302 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I reinstalled the driver from that link again and it still didn't change anything. I also tried the audio console one but it also did nothing.

Device Manager claims that the audio device is not connected. Every time I try manually installing the drivers from Device Manager, I get a blue error screen and the laptop restarts itself.