Does still images for long periods of time can image burn on Predator XB271HU

Options
danb92
danb92 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2022 in Predator Monitors

Hey there,

I have a Predator XB271HU and I'm just wondering if still images for long periods of time can image burn or cause other damage to the monitor. I originally bought this as a gaming monitor but now I'm doing a fair bit of coding on it which requires some unchanging pages of text for a while, I know on older tech this was an issue and it's claimed to be somewhat not a problem anymore but as I like this monitor I would like to err on the side of caution.

So is it safe from damage from still screens?

Thanks,

Dan

[Edited the thread to add the Title ]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

There are warnings from all monitor and TV manufacturers about image retention, commonly known as screen burn-in, that can occur on most monitors and TVs if the same image is displayed continuously on the screen for a long duration. The most common causes of image retention are icons or logos that remain stationary on the monitor or TV screen for a long time. To reduce this risk, avoid displaying still images for long durations and reduce the brightness settings to decrease the intensity of the picture. On a good/decent panel, it'll take a long time with normal use (12 hours a day), at least 5 or 6 years of allowing a still image.