Apire C27-1700 The computer crashes when using photo software restarts when using these programs.

Options
scousekingy
scousekingy Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2022 in All-In-One PCs

Hi

I recently bought a aspire C27. I have adobe bridge and affinity photo. The computer crashes and restarts when using these programs. There is not an issue when using ant over software/. Any ideas?

cheers

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

What's the full model? For example, C27-962. For high definition work, Adobe suggests 16GB RAM and 4GB dedicated VRAM.

Jack E/NJ

• scousekingy
    Options

It's a acer C27-1700

I5 12th gen

8g ra64 but op system

• scousekingy
    Options

Sorry- 8g ram

64 bit op system

• JackE
    Options

>>>Sorry- 8g ram>>>

OK. It doesn't have a required discrete graphic chip with dedicated VRAM. So it must use the Intel CPU's integrated graphics which uses shared memory from the 8GB RAM. Typically integrated graphics uses only 10-20% of total RAM as VRAM. So you really don't have enough VRAM.

Windows 64-bit itself chews up almost 3GB just sitting there idling doing nothing. When you start loading programs, apps and startup background processes like Bridge, a browser, and whatnot running in the background, not enough RAM to go around. So it chokes.

Even though it doesn't have discrete graphics, I think the new 12th gen i5 integrated graphics could do the job by increasing RAM to 16GB for HD work. If you want to do higher resolution stuff, 32GB would likely be required.

I recommend running crucial dot com scanner on your C27 to see what RAM modules it recommends for upgrades. You don't have to buy from them but just get the specs on what DDR4 RAM is recommended. Crucial is competitive with most budget brands and their Crucial RAM brand is usually top of the line made by Micron.

Jack E/NJ

• scousekingy
    Options

Cheers will look in to it

• JackE
    Options

Good luck. 🙂

Jack E/NJ