my nitro 5 AN515-45 is lagging when Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling is on

Chillss
Chillss Member Posts: 2 New User

my nitro 5 AN515-45 started lagging the dgpu's load jumps to 100% and drops to 5% and the game felt like it was unplugged. Before I was having consistent 130 fps while playing PUBG on 1080p now it's like 70-80 fps and it shutters, random lags. I tried reinstalling my drivers updated my BIOS configurated every settings to high performance on Nvidia and graphics setting. And I tried disabled the hardware accelerated GPU scheduling and may gpu load goes to normal but it feels a little laggy.

Does anyone had the same problem I couldn't find any similar problem.

Spec: Nitro 5 AN515-15 CPU:Ryzen 7 5800H 16GB ram, GPU: RTZ 3060, BIOS: V1.10

note: power plan is edited to high performance

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer

Battery must be 100% charged and plugged in for maximum play time under heavy gaming loads. Battery drains during these heavy load periods even though plugged in to help charger meet power demands. Once battery drains below about 50% level, battery charging takes precedent over processor gaming power demands. Performance suddenly drops and throttling begins. Time to stop gaming an let the battery charge back up to 100%.

Jack E/NJ

• szabaty
    szabaty Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the same machine (Nitro 5 AN515-15 CPU: Ryzen 7 5800H, GPU: RTX 3060, BIOS: V1.10.). In games, the fps constantly jumps. Between 140-30. It might drop to 10. I've tried everything. Bios is latest. Memory was changed to 32 Gb Kingston fury. Performance-centric setting. Battery 100%. What else can be done? Maybe the charger or the battery is bad? The machine is 1 year old.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer

https://community.acer.com/en/profile/szabaty

This is an old thread. Please start your own new thread by clicking on the ask a question button for more attention.

Jack E/NJ