My Nitro 5 AN515-43 screen is flickering how can I fixed?

cle0jiji
cle0jiji Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2022 in Nitro Gaming

My laptop’s screen is flickering and idk what to do. https://youtube.com/shorts/v8xCH8KfzY0?feature=share we have the same problem. I bought mine in 2020 and it’s not covered wt the warranty already. Is there any way I can get this fixed?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,881 Trailblazer

There are several reasons why your laptop's screen may be flickering. But some of the most common reasons why include the following;

• Faulty hardware such as a damaged screen can cause the screen to flicker from time to time
    • Incorrect settings may also cause the issue
    • Software problems such as an outdated version of Windows can also cause this issue
    • Bad display drivers can also interfere with the proper function of the display, causing it to flicker

• 3EA14A7E
    3EA14A7E Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I have the same issue. My device, it's Nitro AN515-57, it's an issue with the Intel Graphic Driver downloadable in the Model Support Page.

If you try to install the Intel Graphic Driver on intel.com, it fixes the issue. However, Windows Update will immediately download the Acer version of the graphic card driver.

Disabling the Device Installation Settings, which supposed to stop Windows Update from downloading the graphic driver, however Windows Update still download the Acer version of the Graphic Driver.

Hence, the issue still happens for several weeks now.