Acer Aspire 5253G - SSD not showing up on Windows explorer. Is there any BIOS updates?

PCmasterrace99
PCmasterrace99 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2022 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

I decided to plug in an SSD this morning and it's not showing up on Windows explorer. And yes, I have opened disk management, is there any BIOS updates I may need to do for the ACER Aspire 5253G?

[Edited the thread to update issue & model name]

Answers

• PCmasterrace99

Okay, I'm unplugging the drive and plugging it back in, we'll see if it works.

• PCmasterrace99

Hold up, I think it is because I originally used this on an Xbox One is the fact it ain't working,

• The xbox has a different partition type. Is the ssd showing up in the bios info tab and disk management?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,429 Trailblazer

Clone the new SSD 2.5" first as it will work, if your new SSD 2.5" is a Samsung then use their Data Migration software if not then use Macrium Reflect to clone the drive. I've done the same to an old Aspire 5750-2414 with a Samsung 850 EVO years ago and it worked 100% and was very easy. The problem that you are having is that the SSD has the wrong format and that is why your 5253G does not recognize your new drive.