Acer Aspire TC-885 I would like to ask what type of PC case I should choose to get more space

Jur4
Jur4 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hello,

I haven't found any answer to this quesstion so I would like to ask what type of PC case should I choose to get more space in it. I will change the motherboard also in near feature but now I need this stock motherboard.

I'm thinking about Midi Tower but I don't know what size is this TC-885 motherboard (mATX, eATX)?

Thanks for the answers!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• 440Music
    440Music Member Posts: 4 New User

mid-towers are between 16" to 20" tall

ATX/Micro-ATX

personally if I'm using a mid-tower I'm getting an ATX motherboard for several reasons and the main reason is that the expansion card slots provide more options. The Micro-ATX usually only has 3 expansion slots and ATX between 5 to 8 and on 6 board SATA sockets

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer

As you can see below, the Aspire TC-885 desktops motherboard is not a specific size as its an Acer proprietary tyoe board, my advice to you is to measure the Acer TC-885 motherboard width and lengths and buy an appropriate case for the size of the board and see the below connections, as the TC-885 is not an ATX or a miniATX type board and the front panel connectors are completely different to the standard motherboards,

Here is the TC-885s Connecting Case Components Front Panel Header as you will need these connections if you change the case.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

The motherboard is a DTX for factor with that 'diving board' out the front. It should fit in most cases, but you will likely lose access to those ports at the front, without some really creative cabling.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

@Jur4

Any regular ATX tower will do.

However, the biggest problem is the bay for the front panel ports will not fit regular ATX tower.

If you can route the front panel ports to the new ATX tower, then everything should be fine.