Acer Spin SP513-55N-75QG - Display uniformity problem is viewable about 30-45 degree horizontal.

rbajgo
rbajgo Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi,

I just bought a new Acer Spin 5 machine. It is really fantastic, but I was really sad when I sow this display uniformity problem. Is this under warranty, should I return it?

Thanks.

[Edited the thread to update model name to title & issue in detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,758 Trailblazer

Right click a blank area on desktop. Click personalize option. Select solid bright red background. Post photo of red desktop background preferrably head on not at an angle.

Then do the same with a solid green background. Post photo of green desktop background

Then do the same with a solid nay blue background.

Jack E/NJ

• rbajgo

In head on (front of) position there is no problem. The problem is viewable about 30-45 degree horizontal/vertical view.

Tested in all primary colors (R, G, and B) and it is there. In white also.

Generally when the background is colorfull it is hardly noticable. But i work a lot in Adobe programs where there is solid background and it is really annoying.

• JackE

What's the full Spin5 model number?. For example, SP513-54N?

Jack E/NJ

• rbajgo

SP513-55N-75QG

• JackE

Yeah, IPS touch modules can be quite sensitive to slight plastic lid & bezel imperfections/warpage. Do the shadows dim, brighten or otherwise change appearance when you gently pinch the tops of the bezel and lid together at various points in and around the shadows?

Jack E/NJ

• rbajgo

Maybe just a little bit, but i dont want to press it hard to cause more problem than it is.

I have just packed the machine back to the box and I am sending it back where i bought it, so we will see what they say... I hope I could get a replace with another new sample of this model.

Thanks for help.

• JackE

OK. Better luck with the replacement. 🙂

Jack E/NJ