Acer Nitro5 N20C2 battery is blinking orange and no reset of battery is working Please help!

Alouy
Alouy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in Nitro Gaming

So my Nitro 5 n20c2 battery light is blinking orange. I've tried to reset the battery by holding the power button while unplug then plugging it but the light keeps blinking. Also, I've noticed that once the light stop blinking for at least 10 to 20 seconds and during that time I try to turn it on, it does but only the keyboard and fan then it turns back off 3 seconds later. I've looked on the bottom for a reset whole and there's none. The screen never turns on either. I've left it for two days hoping it will drain the battery but the battery light just keeps blinking orange. I've also opened it up and everything seems to be okay, but not sure why is still not turning on. Please help!! it's only 6 months old

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,813 Trailblazer

(1) Search 'cmd' in Windows start menu.

(2) Right click command prompt near top of menu.

(3) Click run as administrator.

(4) Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport' at command prompt.

(5) Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer.

(6) Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser.

(7) Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Jack E/NJ

• Alouy
    Alouy Member Posts: 2 New User

If I have to do that on the computer on which battery is not working, I won't be able to, the screen is off as there is no power on the screen and actually the computer is now fully powered off no more blinking, but won't turn on or be charged is completely off. I stayed for almost 3 days with the orange light blinking and I was not able to reset the battery at all. I'm not sure what is wrong with it.

• JackE

No, you run the 7 steps plugged in even if the battery doesn't seem to be working.

Jack E/NJ

• MichaMundy
    MichaMundy Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, sorry for intruding the discussion but i also had almost the same problem like the OP posted.

just a few days ago my laptop battery encountered an issue where now currently it won't charge at all even when plugged in with an adapter, everytime i use the laptop for heavy activity it will stutter for a few sec every 10 sec interval. Luckily i still can use it while charging i just can't do heavy operation stuff.

Below i have quoted my battery report like you requested, i hope you can help us resolve or identify the issue if possible, thanks in advance

• MichaMundy
    MichaMundy Member Posts: 2 New User

And yes i already did a battery system reinstall but nothing working so far

• @Alouy

I understand you say "The screen never turns on either."

It might also be the issue with battery, charger or power outlet.  Try to use the charger in a different room on a different power outlet. Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet.  Try to use an alternative charger if possible.  Try to turn on the computer without the charger and check it ( as long as the battery is not drained out )  

I am really sorry for the inconvenience..  Let us do the basic steps first..

Doing the power drain and bios defaults will really help. Kindly follow the steps given below:

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down. On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and – sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer. Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you don’t find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery. Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down. On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door. Just below that you can find a latch. If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed, flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.  Hold the power button for 1 minute. After releasing the button you should wait a while before plugging in power. Just because the button has been pressed doesn’t bleed off all the residual electricity on the motherboard. Wait 15-30 minutes before plugging in power. Then once power is connected wait for a full battery indication before turning the system on. That allows the battery to fully reset it’s internal statistics.

Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It will go to bios. Press f9 once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear. Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.  

It might also be the issue with battery, charger or power outlet.  Try to use the charger in a different room on a different power outlet. Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet.  Try to use an alternative charger if possible.  Try to turn on the computer without the charger and check it ( as long as the battery is not drained out )  

Try windows x 

go to device manager 

expand Battery

right click on all the items below battery – uninstall 

Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• @MichaMundy

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

Kindly follow the steps given below

It's likely the battery meter needs to be recalibrated. If your AcerCareCenter does not have the option to calibrate the battery meter, follow these directions

1. With the laptop turned off, connect the AC adapter and wait for the battery charge LED to turn from solid orange to solid blue.
    2. Turn the machine back on.
    3. Disconnect the AC adapter.
    4. Use battery power until the battery-low warning appears.
    5. Reconnect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery again.
    6. Follow these steps again until the battery has been charged and discharged three times.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JackE

MichaMundy

Best to start your own new thread by clicking on the ask a question button. The blinking LEDs suggest a hardware issue with the battery's own internal regulator or the power supply. If your AN515-57 is still under warranty, you should click this link, choose your country, select the support button near top of country page, enter your machine's serial number id (SNID) and arrange for warranty service.

Jack E/NJ