Laptop crashed and Battery has a thunderbolt icon on the battery icon when I plug it the charger on

Options
LauraHunter
LauraHunter Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2022 in Predator Laptops

My laptop crashed and now the battery icon has a thunderbolt icon on the battery icon when I plug it the charger on. Now my laptop keeps crashing when I play game after awhile. I tried resetting the laptop and battery, I am not sure what to do now. I am guessing I will need a new battery for the laptop.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Have you tried uninstalling the battery and adapter drivers here through device manager? have you checked the battery wear with the hwinfo64 program?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LauraHunter
    Options

No I don't know how to uninstall the battery or know how to check battery wear.

• LauraHunter
    Options

I have completely resetting the laptop with no change to the battery icon still has that thunderbolt icon on the battery icon. The only thing I can think of is getting a new battery.

• LauraHunter
    Options

I take it no one know what this icon means?

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited November 2022
    Options

I think this too is a charging indicator.

Download hwinfo and have a look at the wear level of your battery at the left side of the smart battery menu.

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/