why does my laptop by pass powershell "shutdown -a" and can i fix it myself

MiloP3ng
MiloP3ng Member Posts: 1 New User

My school required us to get a pld (personal learning device) and the school sold to us travelmate. and i bought it for full price but it was preinstalled with all kinds of controling things like blocksi. and i was not allowed admin access. a few days later i found a way to download games and immediately started playing them. a few months later , after heavy gaming the day before , i turned on my laptop and it said it was going to shutdown in 5 mins time. after it shutdown i turned it on and it said the same thing. panicking, i searched on google and found many ways that didnt work because i lack admin but i found one. powershell "shutdown -a" it worked and i would use it everytime i turned on my laptop , annoying but i dont think my warranty covered that sort. but like a few months later , the laptop bypassed it. like i key in shutdown -a and 5 mins later it still shutdown. i turned on the pc again and tried it but it still shutdown , over and over again and idk whats wrong with it and i need the pc to work for more than 5 mins in school.

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@MiloP3ng try to check with your school IT department to see if they can fix that for you. If the laptop is fully paid for and you can keep it forever, you should ask them to install a clean Windows with full access.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@MiloP3ng try to check with your school IT department to see if they can fix that for you. If the laptop is fully paid for and you can keep it forever, you should ask them to install a clean Windows with full access.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!