"Wi-Fi" Turned Off and Wi-Fi driver stopped working abruptly in Predator PH315-51

Options
Skewed
Skewed Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in Predator Laptops

To preface, it was about a week+ ago when I came back to my laptop (that was not opened for hours) and found out that my Wi-Fi stopped working; I've looked everywhere in the Internet for a solution but I found no fixes; while I could use an USB Wi-Fi adapter to circumvent it; it is nowhere faster than my built-in wireless option & it uses up a USB port (I am living in a dorm and I do not have the capability to use Ethernet) which is why I came to ask, I will detail everything as concise as possible.

Problem :

• Wi-Fi turned off, can't be toggled on as it pushes it back to off every-time
  • Troubleshooting it showed "Wireless capability is turned off", however I reset(ed) my laptop after and it did not show it anymore (I was naive to think it would fix the issue)

Solutions I've tried :

• Fiddling with cmd (/ipconfig commands, netsh winsock resets, etc.)
  • Disabling then enabling wireless driver
  • Uninstalling then reinstalling wireless driver (also updating it and also tried downloading it from the manufacturer's site)
  • Checking power management of the driver (uncheck 'Allow computer to turn off to save power')
  • Checking FN keys
  • Network reset
  • Checking WLAN AutoConfig in Services (It is automatic on startup & running)
  • Troubleshoot problems in Windows

PC (taken from System Information) :

System Model Predator PH315-51

BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. V1.19, 13/7/2018

Wi-Fi Device :

Name [00000011] Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560

Adapter Type Ethernet 802.3

Product Type Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560

Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\NETWTW06.SYS (20.50.3.3, 8.35 MB (8,752,120 bytes), 3/5/2018 12:44 AM)

I've had a friend told me that it could be due to lots of Wi-Fi networks around my dorm that made it unusable and it should work if I get to an area with less networks but I've not tried it out yet.

Or is this ultimately a hardware issue? The laptop is 3 years old now.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers