Swift SF313-53 with Windows10 when I connect a few headsets via USB the audio doesn't working

Orochi
Orochi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

I have a Swift SF313-53 with Windows 10 and when I connect a few headsets via USB, audio doesn't work despite audio sources for playback and mic are set to the headset. I can't play music, Youtube and other website videos don't even play, and offline videos don't work either.I have several headsets I've tried, including but not limited to:

HyperX Cloud Stinger Wireless

Steelseries Arctis 1 Wireless

HyperX Cloud Alpha S

EPOS Adapt 460T

Jabra Evolve 75

Poly/Plantronics Voyager 8200 (via USB-A dongle)

Below I have headsets that do work:

Logitech G433

Poly/Plantronics Voyager 8200 (via USB-C dongle)

Steelseries Arctis 9 Wireless

I never had this problem with any other PC. I should note that when I connect to a Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 Docking Hub, USB audio work normally. However, I also returned an Anker 575 Dock because USB acted up as described above.

I have a feeling it's something on the laptop that's causing this, Does anyone know what that could be?

Thanks,

Orochi

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,512 Trailblazer

The older headphones should work if you connect them to the "Headset/ speaker jack - Connects to audio devices (e.g., speakers, headphones) or a headset with microphone". you must be doing something wrong?

• Orochi
    Orochi Member Posts: 2 New User

The 3.5mm headset jack works. I'm trying to get audio working via USB. So most wireless headsets for gaming and work. Why do my USB ports fail on most except the Logitech G433 and Poly Voyager 8200 via USB-C? I do find a headset vs headphone playback source but the headset is not as clear as the headphone as playback.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

When you first attempt to plug a headset or headphones into the USB port Windows opens a requestor asking what you plugged in. If you give the wrong answer the Windows will deal with that device incorrectly forever, or until you change the type to what it should be. Hit return to accept the defaults is often not right... Try this, plug the device in and use Device Manager to remove it from the list, disconnect and reboot, then plug it in to see if it asks you the question again. A microphone will not give you audio out, a headset expects a microphone as well as speakers, headphones expect speakers and no mic.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Avance
    Avance Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the same issue with Swift SF514-55T, once plug in the USB headset, playing Youtube from the browser is not possible as well as any (Windows/VLC player) too. The problem seems resolved after uninstalling the Realtek Audio driver and leaving it as it is. Since then, it has been working well.