Acer Aspire TC1760 with Windows 11 Radi player stops no apparent reason for one hour

Roadholder
Roadholder Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I have bought a new TC1760 desktop with Windows 11 - it works fine and is connected to the web by a good wifi signal. For some reason Radioplayer audio stops for no apparent reason after about one hour. All web browsing is fine but I cannot get the audio working again unless I reboot the PC. I suspect the firewall but cannot find a parameter that might cause this problem - any ideas?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer

>>>I suspect the firewall>>>

Good suspect. 🙂 So do you have any 3rd party non- Mic rosoft scanners that were bundled into your software? If so, uninstall them not just disable. All that's recommended for most users is Windows Defender and Malicious Software Removal Tool which M icr osoft updates regularly .

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Unlikely to the firewall, which really only affects incoming traffic that's not requested from the inside network. Is your app thinking you aren't listening any longer?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE

Radioplayer streams and plays incoming web traffic. So my question remains. Do you have any 3rd party non- Mic rosoft scanners that were bundled into your software? If so, uninstall them not just disable. All that's recommended for most users is Windows Defender and Malicious Software Removal Tool which M icr osoft updates regularly .

Jack E/NJ

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

A lots of these streaming services stop playing after a given time, if you're not watching the ads.

Most will notify you with a warning.

Pandora is the one that I stream and it cuts off after a warning as they pay their bills and server fees (usually AWC, Amazon) via their ads.

• Roadholder
    Roadholder Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello all, thanks for your help. The computer had Norton security installed on a one-month trial when first started. I have uninstalled that. I did install 'Avast Premium Security' (I have a multi-device policy with 'spare capacity') but found that it kept flagging-up 'intrusions' so frequently that I couldn't do any work - it was driving me mad! I have also uninstalled that software and am now relying on Defender.

With regard to 'not watching adverts' - the radio plays with a minimised screen so I seldom look at it as I have better things to do i.e. work!.

Thanks again.

• JackE

>>>I have also uninstalled that software and am now relying on Defender.>>>

You can disable it too if the problem persists.

Jack E/NJ