Acer Predator Helios 300(PH315-53-717R) problem

Options
sccssr
sccssr Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello I have a problem with my laptop. Today it suddenly shut off and I couldn't start it. I left it rest and after some time it started. Now the screen is black, lights are ok on the keyboard, also the power buttons + turbo mode is on without hearing it on like it usually sounds. I tried some solution like pressing the power off button during the cable is out. I tried to take off the back and remove the battery with holding the button for some seconds, but again without

result.... What the problem could be?

Best Answer

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options

Hello!!

@sccssr,

Sad to know that laptop does not show display. As you tried almost all possible steps and issue persists, I suspect it might be actual LCD display panel issue or might be Display card\Graphic card - cable connectivity issue.

To isolate the issue, try connecting laptop to any external display unit like monitor or television and check what happens. If you see display on the external unit, that confirms your laptop LCD Display panel need to be replaced. If you DO NOT see any display on external unit, that confirms it is Graphics card - Display cable connectivity issue.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• sccssr
    Options

I dont think its the display, it's something else. If it was the display why would the turbo button will be ON without making the sound from the overcloking fan?

• Balatekie
    Options

I agree with your point. That's the reason I stated it might be display cable connectivity issue also. If you connect the laptop to external display unit... that angle of scenario would be cleared.

Regards,

Balatekie

• sccssr
    edited November 2022
    Options

Just to add that I am keeping the charger in and it is still not fully charged. When I opened it the place where you put the charger(I mean that area) smelled like it is burned and the fans were in not very good condition(they were all dusty).

Edit: Also when it stopped for the first time it was with turbo mode On.

• Balatekie
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for sharing this info. To quote the line you stated "smelled like it is burned"... this is something related to Safety Hazard. Recommend you to contact Acer Technical Support in your region and look for repair options.

Regards,

Balatekie

• sccssr
    Options

Thank you. Tommorow I will give it to someone to check it out :)