I'm having an issue with my Acer Predator XB271HU abmiprz

Options
Dhaymon
Dhaymon Member Posts: 2 New User

The issues I am having seem to be common. The monitor will randomly flicker and then go artifact crazy then simply fade to white. I since RMA'd the GPU since I blamed it initially but the symptoms are still present. The slightest tap or jostle of the monitor will send it into a flashing frenzy tailspin. I did check the warranty (I bought it from someone else a year ago) and it expired about year ago, go figure lol. Also seemed like there was an open service ticket that was never completed and simply lapsed. After researching a bit online, it seems like this can be a costly repair since it will be out of warranty. Should I cut my losses and dumpster it?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,564 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>The slightest tap or jostle of the monitor will send it into a flashing frenzy tailspin>>>

That symptom suggests a loose or dirty LCD video cable connector at the mainboard or base of the screen. If it was mine, I'd take it apart and re-seat the connectors a few times to help clean and firm up their internal contacts. Google search the keywords 'XB271HU' & 'disassembly' for videos and instructions on the agony involved in completing such a simple-sounding task. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• Dhaymon
    Dhaymon Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I did try to clean the contacts today (definitely broke a couple retaining clips getting the monitor case off lol), results are still the same with artifacting which devolves to white screen eventually. I should clarify the previous symptoms, the artifacting will occur regardless of any interaction on the case and usually anywhere between 30 minutes to 120 minutes. Not sure what triggers it but tapping on it can definitely trigger it too. The aforementioned symptoms will occur when playing games, watching movies, browsing the web, or even just idle.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,564 Trailblazer
    Options

Does it do the same thing driven by another PC?

Jack E/NJ