my acer pc with a B56H5-AD motherboard is making a consistent beep

Options

screen does not turn on and it wont stop beeping until it is off

please help

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    1. Did this happen suddenly for no apparent reason?
    2. What is your full Acer model number? For example, Veriton z4870g?

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited November 2022
    Options

This is due to a bios problem, take the bios battery out and then clear jumpers at the motherboard jumpers to set system configuration options. Jumpers with more than one pin are numbered. When setting the jumpers, ensure that the jumper caps are placed on the correct pins. Also do a bios update (if your bios is old) but be careful as an unsuccessful and wrongly done bios flash will brick your desktop.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,442 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Options

If resetting your bios doesn't work then check your RAM seating and take out an switch around what is possible.

Possible to be a hard drive or other mother board but I'd bet on the RAM.

Good Luck.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

A single, constant beep at power up is an indication that the memory isn't working. What memory do you have installed? We don't have references that take a motherboard number and tell us what computer it is out of, hence the request for your model number. Different computers will likely have much different specs.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RMO_emanuele
    RMO_emanuele Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 11
    Options

ORIGINAL

QUalcuno ha il pin layout per collegare il pulsante di accensione e i LED di un altro case?

TRANSLATED

Does anyone have the pin layout to connect the power button and LEDs of another case?

[Translated using Google]

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

@RMO_emanuele it is best to start a new thread for your question. The original poster here never gave us the model number of their machine, so we weren't able to answer their question fully. The front panel connector is usually the same as other designs, but if you give us your full model number we should be able to tell for sure. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.