Aspire A715-41G Ethernet problems after the latest W11 update.

Options
Paul23
Paul23 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2022 in Windows 11

Hello,

I have a problem connecting to the internet on my Aspire A715-41G.

On wi-fi I have not problem, but when it comes to ethernet, I cannot manage to fix the issue.

I have tried literally all "fixes" on the 1st page of google.

My network device is Realtek PCIe Gbe Family Controller and tried to update it to the latest and tried several tools from their website.

This issue has occurred in the past with the 1st 22H2 version of W11, but I have rolled back and the issue was fixed.

This time I would like to enjoy the new features...

I have attached 2 ss:

1. My Ethernet Status window
  2. Error when attempting to connect to Microsoft login page;

NOTE: I am only limited on some pages of the internet and have tried multiple browsers.

Best Answer

• Paul23
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have manage to fix this issue by rolling back the driver.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

Unfortunately, you'll probably have to wait for the Acer OEM Win11 updates to appear at this link to fully resolve the issue. Like the rest of us Acer users, you'll have to keep checking the link as we users can't predict when they will appear. Meanwhile, if you haven't done so already, use the wifi to download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it can pick up any newer drivers online that might resolve the issue sooner.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

From that Ethernet status page click on Details or use ipconfig /all from a command prompt. Your Default Gateway and DNS servers are what you most likely need to look at. Some types of malware will change those to use their tracking servers instead of the normal ones your router and ISP suggest. Make sure that everything is set to automatic and that your router is providing DHCP and things should work. The only other potential cause I can think of is if you are running a really old browser that doesn't support modern version of HTTPS...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Paul23
    Options

I have tried but it did not help.

• JackE
    Options

Looks like Acer Win11 updates haven't been released yet. Have you tried to download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware yet?

Jack E/NJ

• Paul23
    Options

Yes I did. I think Acer need to step their game up...

• JackE
    Options

How about giving the latest FireFox 106.0.5 a spin?

Jack E/NJ

• Paul23
    Options

It's not browser related.

• JackE
    Options

>>>NOTE: I am only limited on some pages of the internet and have tried multiple browsers.>>>

>>>It's not browser related.>>>

Not so sure. Give it a try anyway. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• Paul23
    Options

I also have apps that are limited. What do I do in that case?

• JackE
    edited November 2022
    Options

What apps? And how are they limited? The inability to access certain sites while others are OK strongly suggests LAN settings are the issue. Who is your service provider?

Jack E/NJ

• Paul23
    Options

Steam, Battlenet and so on.

It's not on the side of the internet provider since I have checked with them and all seem ok from their side.

• JackE
    Options

>>>This issue has occurred in the past with the 1st 22H2 version of W11, but I have rolled back and the issue was fixed.>>>>>>NOTE: I am only limited on some pages of the internet and have tried multiple browsers.>>>Steam, Battlenet and so on.>>>>

What are the game symptoms?

Jack E/NJ

• Paul23
    Options

I don't have game symptoms since Steam and Battlenet cannot connect to the internet.

At this point, are you just trolling me?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

It certainly acts like your DNS settings are blocking access to some sites, which should be an issue with your ISP. That's assuming you are using the correct DNS servers for your ISP or a generic set like the Google servers at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    edited November 2022
    Options

Sorry, you said >>>Steam, Battlenet and so on.>>> when asked what apps were limited by the ethernet problem. So my question remains. What are the game symptoms? In other words, how and in what way are they being limited by the ethernet problems?

Jack E/NJ

• Paul23
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have manage to fix this issue by rolling back the driver.