PO3-630 additional 2x8GB strange CPU-Z config

Options
Major_Tomica
Major_Tomica Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey,

Just bought Kingston KF432C16BBK2/16 2-pack of 8GB RAM, put it in, and although it works I think speed has been reduced from 3200 to 2400 if I interpret results on CPU-Z right. New RAM is DDR4 3200MT/s CL16-18-16 1.35V XMP. Anyway check the screenshot and please advise if I can somehow adjust settings/tune to have full speed.

Thanks!

Slots 3/4 have same numbers as 1/2. Slot 2/4 have original memory, 1/3 new memory.

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,164 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

You are mixing memory modules with different profiles, your original modules have JEDEC profile while the new RAM modules have XMP profile, you can not mix, you either use memory with XMP or JEDEC, however, there's no settings available in BIOS to enable XMP profiles in your model, so I would suggest you return the new RAM modules and get modules with JEDEC profiles.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,164 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

You are mixing memory modules with different profiles, your original modules have JEDEC profile while the new RAM modules have XMP profile, you can not mix, you either use memory with XMP or JEDEC, however, there's no settings available in BIOS to enable XMP profiles in your model, so I would suggest you return the new RAM modules and get modules with JEDEC profiles.