Aspire TC 885 ACCFLi5O - Cannot format the 2TB HDD after Upgrading to a 1TB SSD

jtkerry
jtkerry Member Posts: 2 New User

I successfully upgraded the system to an M.2 1TB drive through cloning, using Macrium Reflect Free version. But, now I cannot format the 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD drive. It doesn't want to initialize the drive. Is there anyway around this? The system had a 16GB Intel Optane Memory card, using the M.2 slot originally. Does this have something to do the Optane card and the drive being configured to a RAID setting in the BIOS? In 32 years of end user support, I have never come across an issue like this. Should I undo what I did to reconfigure the drive away from RAID in the BIOS? I know the drive is working. I can put it back in with the Optane card, and it works. Is there some software I can use to force the drive to initialize. Computer Management/ Disk Management detects the drive but throws and error when I try to initialize the drive.

Answers

• jtkerry
    jtkerry Member Posts: 2 New User

I think I found what I need to do from Tom's Hardware:

I'll try this. I figured it had to be done in the BIOS first.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Does it ask you anywhere in Disk Management about MBR or GPT ?

GPT is for drives over 2 GB .

https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/mbr-or-gpt-for-ssd.html

• It is easier to plug in optane memory again and disable it by Intel rapid storage.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)