My PH317-55 monitor is glitching out again

Options
kiwisuspicious
kiwisuspicious Member Posts: 2 New User

I've been using this laptop for 4 months, and on the 3rd month, my laptop monitor started glitching out and there were lines on my screen. Sent my laptop to acer service center and they fixed it. But it didn't last, now my laptop showing the same symptoms before random lines appear on my screen. I've already used up the warranty, and if possible I don't want to spend any of my money on a 4 months old laptop.

This was how it looked like after 3 months after I got the laptop. As of now, there's no random lines and dead pixels on my screen, but the symptoms before it is the same and I am scared that one day random lines will start to appear.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

The glitching and lines on your screen could be caused by the LCD eDP screen pug/cable (see parts below), as this cables or plug is damaged or there are problems with the 3.3V data circuitries or not connected properly causing your problems.

What did Acer do, did they replace the screen and LCD eDP cable? As and if Acer fixed your screen properly, then they should have also replaced and checked all issues concerned with the image and checked all data/power lines to the screen for any issues. Also, if your laptop is still having the same problems as before the Acer service, then Acers warranty on your last repair should still be valid.

Get into contact with Acer and tell them that your screen has the same problems as it had before their service and after their repair, as your laptop should be refixed by Acer again without charge under the service warranty.

These are the screens that are fitted to the PH317-55

PH317-55 LCD EDP CABLES

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

The glitching and lines on your screen could be caused by the LCD eDP screen pug/cable (see parts below), as this cables or plug is damaged or there are problems with the 3.3V data circuitries or not connected properly causing your problems.

What did Acer do, did they replace the screen and LCD eDP cable? As and if Acer fixed your screen properly, then they should have also replaced and checked all issues concerned with the image and checked all data/power lines to the screen for any issues. Also, if your laptop is still having the same problems as before the Acer service, then Acers warranty on your last repair should still be valid.

Get into contact with Acer and tell them that your screen has the same problems as it had before their service and after their repair, as your laptop should be refixed by Acer again without charge under the service warranty.

These are the screens that are fitted to the PH317-55

PH317-55 LCD EDP CABLES

• kiwisuspicious
    kiwisuspicious Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for the helpful reply, I will make sure and contact Acer again in the near future, Thank you.