Please help me to factory reset my P03-630

Options
sfanucchi88
sfanucchi88 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited November 2022 in Predator Desktops

Hi all, going to be selling my P03-630 in the next few weeks and upgrading. Can anyone instruct me on how to factory reset it for the next user? ideally like how it came out of the box with the drivers and Acer programs on it

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

That won't give a factory reset, it will give a Windows reset. To do the factory reset you use Alt-F10 at boot, the same time as you would go into the BIOS, then choose reset from the menus. A factory reset will include all Acer's original apps, a Windows reset will remove them.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022
    Options

Here is What Does Factory Reset Do on a PC:

To do a factory reset on PCs, the process is as follows:

• Click the Startbutton and then select Settings.
    • Go to Update & Security > Recovery. 
    • In the right panel, under the Reset this PC section, click the Get started button. 
    • You will get two options: Keep my files and Remove everything. The former option will reinstall Windows without deleting personal files. This will remove apps and drivers installed by users, and changes made to settings. The latter option will fresh reinstall Windows. This will delete all personal files, user accounts, programs, and changes made to settings.

Go to System Recovery >then click Remove everything which will delete all your files/folders and reset this desktops OS to its basic form.

After, go to this MS guide of "Before you sell or gift your Windows 10 device or Xbox One" as that will give you all the details of how to take your MS account from this desktop and have a clean OS that can be activated by the new user with this desktops proprietary Win-10 key.. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

That won't give a factory reset, it will give a Windows reset. To do the factory reset you use Alt-F10 at boot, the same time as you would go into the BIOS, then choose reset from the menus. A factory reset will include all Acer's original apps, a Windows reset will remove them.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.