Windows stuttering after cloning it to new ssd on g3-572 is there any fix for it?

Options
AVINASH58
AVINASH58 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

Specs-

model - g3-572

i5 7th gen

1 TB ssd(cloned ssd)

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,006 Trailblazer
    Options

What SSD is it, and is it an M.2 SSD? Also, what software did you use to clone this drive? As usually an OS drive stuttering after a clone could be because the source OS wasn't cloned properly onto the new SSD drive, or the source SSD drive has errors or is faulty or the new SSD drive has similar problems (which is very unlikely).

Other main reasons are that you might have compression set to " ON" on the SSD drive causing the stuttering or other faults, as there are many causes for this problem, and you will have to adapt a process of elimination to pinpoint where your problem is. Have a look at this comprehensive guide of how to "FIX Windows 10/11 PC is stuttering" as there are many causes for this.

• AVINASH58
    AVINASH58 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options

It is an 1 TB m.2 ssd,I have used macrium reflect for cloning and yeah the source as well as new drive is not faulty i have checked it before upgrading.

About the stuttering on initial days after cloning it was happening on few boot ups, But now it is happening on every boot up.While watching any video files on vlc it stucks for a half sec and again it plays well after few secs it again happens.Not only in vlc but every software video playback it happens(youtube,Chrome).While scrolling,loading sign while Boot up as well as in windows loading sign it happens.

please tell me how to check for ssd compression is on or off.