A515-56T-574E works for a while, the screen goes to black with white glitched stripes on the top

Options
Fern117
Fern117 Member Posts: 2 New User

The computer works fine for a while, but sometimes the screen goes to black with some white glitched stripes on the top, the audio also gets distorted (almost like white noise), and it only works if I restart it with the power button, in some cases I can work or stream for hours and nothing bad happens, but at other times it happens after one hour of streaming, any idea how to fix it?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Did you have those issues before the Windows 11 upgrade? Do you ever see the artifacts in the Acer splash screen or while in the BIOS? You might try reinstalling the Intel graphics drivers and utilities...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Fern117
    Fern117 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I had the same problem in Windows 10, my brother has the same laptop model but in windows 10 and has the same problem, We've both seen at least once that the desktop screen icons have Made a kind of vibratory movement, But we haven't verified it in the BIOS.

We had the idea to reinstall the video drivers, However, we do not understand very well which one we should download.

We must download the one that says "vga driver (UMA)" or the one that says "vga driver utility)?

Also we both have Intel Iris Xe graphics.

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options

Hi @Fern117

You can try to reinstall the display drivers to check if that makes any difference.

NOTE: Make sure to reboot the laptop after uninstalling the driver.

If that doesn't work then you can try to do a reset to check if that makes any difference.

How to Restore Windows on my Acer Computer Using Alt + F10 on startup

1. Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.
    2. Press the Power key to turn on the computer.
    3. Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. ...
    4. Select Troubleshoot.
    5. Click Reset your PC.

NOTE: You will loose all the data during the reset.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

You want the Intel version of both the VGA drivers and the VGA Utility. The NVIDIA drivers are for the Aspire A515-56G models.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.