Power supply replace (Predator PO7-640 Gaming Desktop Computer)

Options
CosmicEntity303
CosmicEntity303 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Can I upgrade the desktops power supply with the following so it can support rtx 4090.

Power Supply: Corsair AXi Series, AX1600i, 1600 Watt, 80+ Titanium Certified, Fully Modular - Digital Power Supply (CP-9020087-NA)

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0787G1Z74/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A2LH8DUZ1Q6T63&psc=1

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The RTX-4090 has a Suggested PSU of 850W fitting a 1600W PSU is a waste as you will never ever use its power. I would go max at a 1000W PSU, get the Corsair AX1000 as that is the best 1000W PSU.

Btw, I’m using this on my AMD gaming desktop with an 5950X and an RTX-3080 / 64GB DDR4-4000Mhz ram and it works perfectly for all power needs that my desktop needs. This PSU is reviewed as follows: “There is no doubt that the Corsair AX1000 is one of the best 1 kW power supplies available on the market today. Its performance is excellent in all areas, including efficiency, load regulation, ripple suppression, hold-up time, and transient response. It also operates quietly, which is why it earned the Cybenetics LAMBDA-A badge. Extremely high efficiency levels from the platform keep thermal loads low, which keeps temperatures low without pushing the fan too hard”

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you can't get the Corsair then try these two other alternatives as they are just as good, the Antec PSUs are renowned PSU manufacturers that have produced top quality PSUs for many decades and some of the best PSUs around, try their Antec Signature 1000 Titanium (which I've also used and they are top quality) or the Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000 W, as all of these 3 PSUs are from renowned manufacturers that use top components. That is who I would recommend.

Answers