aspire xc-885 Error: "reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected device

Dusko93
Dusko93 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hi I have a problem with my PC aspire xc-885, the problem is that when I turn it on it says "reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected device and press a key", after I do ctrl , alt, del, and its directs to the BIOS and I tried to go on YouTube to find out but I can't find it so if someone can help me please.

[Edited the title to add model name and issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer

Please post a phone photo of the BIOS Advanced tab Integrated Peripherals screen if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Go into the BIOS and enable the F12 Boot Menu. Reboot and use the F12 key to see what devices are bootable. Take a picture of that screen for us. You might have a failing or failed drive...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Paul1962
    Paul1962 Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi,

please advise if you can. (I'm not particularly tech). I have an Aspire XC 885 and have this 'Reboot and Select' problem. Have tried F12 key, hasn't worked, so far. seem to be different solutions and not sure which route to take.

(My PC has been updated from the original hard disc drive, to an SSD).

thank you

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer

https://community.acer.com/en/profile/Paul1962

This is an old thread. Please start your own new thread by clicking on the ask a question button. Then post a phone photo of the BIOS Advanced tab Integrated Peripherals screen if possible.

Jack E/NJ