Enable Virtualization in acer travelmate5744.

peterondy
peterondy Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello everyone,

I want to enable virtualazation on my laptop acer travelmate5744, to use it in Docker project & using WSL 2. I have many questions:

1- Can I enable virtualazation on my laptop?

2- If no, Can I using Docker without Virtualazation and WSL2?

3- What is the resources or technologie must be on my laptop to support the virtualazation?

Thank you soo much.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder

@peterondy

1. you can check in the BIOS to see if it has any option to enable virtualization
    2. Probably not because those apps are like virtual machines.
    3. Virtualization usually depends on the CPU. Older CPU generation doesn't support virtualization.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

It looks like the TravelMate 5744 models are old enough that Acer didn't enable support for virtualization in the BIOS, unless it's enabled by default.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder

What is your CPU model and how much RAM do you have? A quick search for the model came up results that were like product has 2 GB RAM models, some asking about win 10 upgrade... essentially indicating this model is very old to have this option.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045