Updating to windows 11

Options
JoeTP
JoeTP Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, is it safe to update to windows 11?

Do I loose the installed products that came with my current version?

Is it also stable for gaming and causes no issues?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

So far, there aren't many reports of issues during the update. However, I advise backing up your files just in case. I still prefer to stay on windows 10.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

It really depends on what machine you have! Some older machines can't be upgraded at all, some newer ones are taking a long time to get all the drivers fully supported, so they haven't rolled it out to those yet. Typically once Microsoft offers the update to you, and especially if Acer also have W11 drivers for you model on the support pages, you can do it smoothly. You shouldn't lose any apps or data, unless the app itself isn't compatible with Windows 11.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kelper
    kelper Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

When I upgraded to 11, my Brave browser was uninstalled along with some other apps.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

It looks like older versions of the Brave browser were causing issues with Windows 11, though the current version doesn't have as many reports of problems.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    Options

Just want to add, as you haven't told us what laptop/desktop model you have and want to install Win-11 into? As far as I'm concerned and I've used Win-10 since it was first released, Win-11 has no problems as I've used it since it was released also and currently I'm using the Win-11 latest version 22H2/OS build 22621.675 (which made the OS perform eat least 10% better and quicker) together with all its updates and proper drivers from all secondary manufacturers, except with the Intel BT section as the Wi-Fi aspect of the Intel Killer AX1650i card works with all new Intel drivers. This cards BT only works with the Acer OEM provided Win-11 BT Intel driver and no Intel update for the BT cards section. I don't know if the reason is the JBLLIVE650BTGNC and the JBL E45BT headphones and specific to JBL?

Otherwise I've had no problems with Win-11 with editing, gaming and have had no bsods' or any crashes due to this OS.

• kelper
    kelper Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

That's interesting! I thought it was just Microsoft being petty.