Triton 900:PT917-71 Faulty battery/charging circuit, any way to force Overclocking/ 180W TDP

Options
ColinMacLaren
ColinMacLaren Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2022 in Predator Laptops

Hello,

I have Predator Triton 900 PT917-71. For reasons it was bricked so sent it to a professional repair shop to revive it. While everything is working fine again, the charging circuit was unfortunately beyond repair. There is zero current going into the battery. This isn't a big issue for me since the device is the very definition of a Desktop replacement. However, what really bothers me is that battery charge of 40% is required in order to enable Turbo mode/Overclocking in the Predator sense software which extends the TDP of the 2080 mobile from 150W to 180W. Since my charging circuit is dead it is always showing 0% charge and the overclocking option is disabled.

I tried fiddling with the configuration files in C:\ProgramData\OEM\PredatorSense but to no avail. All I care for are those 180W. Is there any chance to force a 180W TDP by modifiying some configuration files, programming a modified bios, flashing a different Vbios? I am open to any suggestions.

Thank you for your help!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• ColinMacLaren
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, I disassembled Predator Sense and wrote a very simple console program that writes to the correct registers to increase the TDP to 180W.

Answers

• ColinMacLaren
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, I disassembled Predator Sense and wrote a very simple console program that writes to the correct registers to increase the TDP to 180W.