x2631g: which bios for linux? please help I'm stuck :(

Hi all,

First post here, hope you might help me!

I have a couple of x2631g. Now, I need to move the OS disk from one, call it A, to the another, call it B. They are identical, except - I think - the bios (they belong to different batch, reading production date on some parts). Machine A has a dead motherboard. Actually B has a disk with windows on it, while the disk from A is linux debian based. So, when I replace the disk, it seems to be only partially recognize by B bios: "partially" because in boot menu it has not present, while I have found it in the ACHI menu. When I try to start the machine B with disk from A, system says at one point somethibg like"replsce the mesia with a bootable now".

I tried all bios combos with the CSM option etc, no way. I think the difference is the bios and I have to change it. I dont believe that is something related with the way I have installed linux debian.. I could reinstall it but I suppose the problem is not there. Please not I have started the debian installer from usb and disk has recognized and partition read (there is also a efi ones..).

So the question is: which bios should I install? Not clear to me which version choose from the x2631g page and I consider the bios actually installed or may just take one named L that should mean for linux.

Please help I dont want to loose this great mini pc!

Answers

• Have you tried disabling secureboot? What happened to the main board of the X2631G A?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

It's possible that the original Linux install was done in Legacy boot mode, rather than UEFI. If so you will have to switch modes in the BIOS in order to boot from the MBR disk.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.