Acer PH317-53 my game crash with error or not depends on the game

Options
ImHedgehog
ImHedgehog Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited October 2022 in Predator Laptops

Hello,

while playing games on my laptop (sometimes for 1 hour sometimes for 1 minutes) my game crash with error or not depends on the game.

then when I check the Event viewer i found:

event id 4101: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

together with 2 information events 267: Touch/Touchpad Hardware Quality Assurance verification succeeded.

they are always pops up together after game crashing.

when I check then dxdiag I had:

Direct 3D DDI: Unknown

Direct 3D acceleration: not available

I can then use my laptop on integrated graphic until I open some app or update or some installation, if I do that, I get a bluescreen and pc restarts and everything in dxdiag is back to normal

bluescreenview screen:

https://imgur.com/a/75XIyet

link for minidump:

https://easyupload.io/sqwk3r

the most strange thing for me is it only happens while playing video games and not for example when I stress the Graphic Card. in Unigine stress tool where you can play their minigame in classroom with gravity machine I can spend like infinite time with graphic card load 99% and I have no crash or blue screen or that events mentioned above.

I thought its Virus but I checked everything, even the completely fresh install of windows with deleting all hard drives Durning installation didn't help. I reinstalled and tried like twenty different of old drivers and combinations including the integrated graphic card drrivers and nothing helps.

Spec. :

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-53

Windows 11

i7-9750H CPU 2.6 Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070 with Max-Q design

16 GB of ram

(everything is updated, GPU driver installed with DDU)

Will be grateful for every advice and help.

Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add model name and topic title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022
    Options

The Nvlddmkm error message means the display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding. It means that the display driver for your video card or monitor has stopped working but in most cases it also restarts. This can be a very frustrating error to deal with, as it will cause your computer screen to go black or freeze and will not allow you to do anything. However, ‘Display driver Nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered’ is usually not a sign of a serious issue and can usually be fixed relatively easily.

Have a look at these solutions Driver Nvlddmkm Stopped Responding

• ImHedgehog
    Options

it wouldnt be a problem if i can just run again the game and play it but as my post says in dxdiag after the game crash i have

Direct 3D DDI: Unknown

Direct 3D acceleration: not available

so i cant play any game and cant use my GPU until i get the BSOD and PC restarts and after that this happens every few seconds, I already tried almost everything from that link except of replacing graphic card

• William_mk2
    Options

@ImHedgehog

Kindly follow the steps given below:

If it is still not working then we have to do a refresh and reset

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

or 

on start - type here to search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top - click on get started 

It will show you keep my files and remove everything

chose keep my files 

chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 

It will be in progress.. 

login to computer and start using the computer. 

If it is still not working 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

chose remove everything 

click on local reinstall - just remove my files - click on reset

It will be in progress

Note:

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) - all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos will still be intact.  Only the applications will be lost

If you do reset ( remove everything ) - you are doing a factory default.  It will become like a day one computer.  It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer. 

You can also do the recovery in an alternative way..

There are two alt keys on the keyboard. If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar. The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car. Turn off the computer. Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.  It will go to repair mode. It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot.  If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer. Turn on the computer. Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt ) and then tap f10 continuously. It will go to chose an option continue and troubleshoot..

It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc

click on keep my files ( only applications will be lost )  chose your account and type your password  - click on local reinstall - click on reset

It will be in progress 

If the keep my files option is not working 

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – just remove my files – click on reset 

It will reinstall windows. 

If the just remove my files is not working.. 

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – Fully clean the drive – click on reset 

It will reinstall windows. 

Note: You can also go to chose an option , continue , troubleshoot by holding the alt key + tapping f10 or alt gr + tapping f10 on the keyboard while turning on the computer.  Once you see the troubleshoot option, you can stop tapping the f10 and stop holding the alt key.  Then you can try the keep my files and remove everything ( just remove by files and fully clean the drive ) by following the steps which was mentioned above. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    Options

@ImHedgehog

If it is still not working..

Try this method..

On a different working computer. 

Go to the website 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

Below the info Create Windows 10 installation media

click on download tool now.. 

It will download the windows media creation tool - click on media creation file on the lower left corner.

Insert a blank 8 gb flash drive 

it will download and install the windows 10 on the blank flash drive.. 

Now insert the flash drive on the broken computer

Boot it using flash drive..

click on install

chose custom

on where do you want to install windows screen - remove all the partitions

It will become like one single unallocated space  

There is no need to format it.. 

chose the unallocated space 

click on next 

It will install the operating system. 

The last option is to get the recovery media

Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.  scroll down - click on eRecovery media on the bottom of page.  Enter the snid no - you can place the order for recovery media.  It might be a set of disks or recovery usb flash drive.  Alternatively, on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.  You can also order it from Acer store. 

Recovery media is a unique media which is designed only for your computer.  It cannot be used on any other computer.  It comes with drivers and applications which is designed for your computer.  

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Jameswalter
    Jameswalter Member Posts: 71 Troubleshooter
    Options

One common reason for games crashing is a problem with the power supply unit (PSU). This is commonly linked to the graphics adapter demanding more power than is available.

There is one simple way to resolve this. Upgrade to the best PSU capable of providing enough power to play the game.

Before swapping out the PSU, however, check that the graphics card and PC interior is clean and free from dust. A build-up can increase the temperature inside a PC and put additional load on the CPU and video card. Greater load means a higher temperature. If the build-up of dust is considerable and the fans are not sufficient for cooling, disaster will strike.

Regards,

James

• ImHedgehog
    Options

Thank you for all your answers.

I don't know why acer support offers so outdated drivers for my laptop PH317-53-787G. Like they don't care about the older laptops they manufactured? Jesus.

@William_mk2

already tried to reinstall and recover the windows with all above mentioned methods. problem still appears its most likely when i completely restart windows with deleting all partitions its still after first boot installs some drivers automatically. and I think some of the driver causing this problem.

@Jameswalter

its possible to swap PSU on laptop ? didnt know that option is even possible. can explain further if you please.

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options

Hi @ImHedgehog

You can try to do a reset to check if that makes any difference.

Check the above link to do a reset.

NOTE: Make sure to backup all the data before the reset.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• ImHedgehog
    Options

sorry for late answer but i was not able to log in into acer community.

I already tried recovery to other points or completly reset of windows.

interesting thing that I notice that my GPU will crash only when the charger is pluged in if I play or do gpu stress only on battery its going OK but of course with limited fps and max only to 800MHZ so I think its something with power taking by GPU like it cannot take the power to supply 6000Mhz and then causing a crash. but I have no idea how to fix it.